A Gaussmeter uses a probe to measure the magnetic field around a magnet at a specific location. The user positions the tip of the probe on the magnet or a pre-determined location near to the magnet. The sensing area of a Gaussmeter probe is at the tip of the probe. The closer the tip is to the magnet, the stronger the reading. A fixture can be made that will allow you to measure parts at the same place of reference each time and get repeatable measurements.
A transverse probe is held parallel to the surface to be measured. A axial probe is held perpendicular to the surface to be measured.
300 Series hall effect portable Gauss-Meters Typical Applications include:
- Magnet classification
- Analysis of magnetic circuitry and components
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Measuring residual fields and speaker magnet assemblies
Gaussmeter with Transverse Probe, Case and AC Adapter P/N IDR-309-T — $525.00 each.
Gaussmeter with Axial Probe, Case and AC Adapter P/N IDR-309-A — $525.00 each.
Gaussmeter with Ultra-Thin Transverse Probe, Case and AC Adapter P/N IDR-309-T-UL — $575.00 each.
Gaussmeter with Transverse and Axial Probes, Case and AC Adapater P/N IDR-309-T-A — $650.00
Replacement Probes — $150.00
- Portable w/ Dimensions: 5.8″*3.6″*2.5″
- Range: 20 G, 200 G, 2kG, 20kG
- Bandwidth: 68HZ at 3db
- Comes with 9v DC adapter & hard carrying case
- Analog Output: +/-200 mV DC FS
- 3 1/2 digit bipolar display
- Powered optional either by 9v battery or AC adapter
- 3% error guarantee and even less based on the strength of magnet
- Resolution: @ scale 20 G: 10 mG, @ scale 200 G: 0.1 G, @ scale 2 KG: 1 G & @ scale 20 KG: 10 G.
- Shielded Hall effect transverse probe w/ 4′ shielded cable
- 2 Years Parts & Labor warranty against manufacturing defects for the meter; 1 year warranty on the probe.
- Certificate of calibration with data sweep
- Active Area: 0.005″ x 0.005″
- Made in the USA.